OUR HISTORY

At A. Pash & Sons, pride is taken in sourcing the finest 19th century English & Continental silver, traditional table silver, hollow-ware, Georgian silver, silver-plate, Sculpture, Objets d'art, Furniture, Ormolu & Bronze.

Since humble beginnings in the markets of London’s West End in the 1920's to the current prestigious location at 37 South Audley Street, Mayfair; A Pash and Sons have become established as one of the world's most respected names dealing in Fine Antique Silver, Objet d’art, fine bronzes, sculpture & furniture. Since taking premises in the Bond Street Silver Galleries in the early 1990's we have grown to occupy over 2500 sq feet at our shop in Mayfair. With over 150 years of combined experience within the team, the name 'Pash' has become synonymous with great service, reliability and - above-all - quality.

With our roots deeply set in the antiques trade we have established a vast network of global contacts; our stock reflects this diversity and is sourced from around the globe. Our inventory contains some of the most important decorative silver ever made, pieces with important royal provenance and rare objet d'art.

Wolf Pash, circa 1926
Wolf Pash, Robert's grandfather, dealing from a bombed-out shopfront in Portobello Road, circa 1946
Arnold Pash, circa 1990
Arnold and Robert Pash in Portobello Road, circa 1990
Robert Pash, Proprietor

As far back as anyone can remember Robert Pash has had a passion for buying and selling. Some of his earliest memories are of buying antiques on his way to & from school from the dealers in Portobello Road and the Ladbroke Grove area of West London.

Under the watchful eye of his father; Arnold, Robert established himself as one of the most dynamic antique silver dealers of his generation, developing an intuitive eye for quality and rare objects. In the early 2000's, Robert recognised the market's move towards finer pieces and took the opportunity in 2003 to transform the family business with a move to a gallery at 37 South Audley Street. Since then; Robert has built arguably the finest collection of 19th century silver for sale anywhere in the world.

After five decades of successful dealing; Robert Pash is still the enthusiastic driving force behind the business.

After studying for a degree in Drama and Theatre, James Raymond joined the business full-time in 2003; his graduation coinciding with the move to South Audley Street.

James' contribution to the business has been vital to its growth, nurturing our online presence, producing all of the photography & post production work in-house and managing our continued communications with clients across the globe.

James’ historical research of important works of art has given him a deep understanding of historical periods. By placing works within their correct historical context; James' work has often led to the rediscovery of forgotten provenance & histories which has added to the prestige, and indeed the value, of many notable objects. James has been delighted to have placed many objects into illustrious collections, not least the “Magdala Cup” & "The Swiney Cup” to the Victoria & Albert museum in Kensington, London.

James Raymond BA (hons), Gallery Manager